|Calendar||Clubs||Committees||Conference||Contact Us||District Directory||Forms for Members||Main Index||Member Index||Programs||Search here||"What's New?"||What and Where|
|COMMUNITY FISH FARMING AND HOUSING PROJECT
LAKE VICTORIA, KENYA
We've all heard the saying "If you give a hungry man a fish he will be satisfied for a day, but if you teach a man how to fish he will never go hungry". However, this may not be the case if fish stocks are depleted, such as in Lake Victoria in Kenya!
The Rotary Club of Mooroopna has taken this concept a step further, with a project to establish community fish farming in the Usigu-Bondo area on the shores of Lake Victoria in Western Kenya. The proposed fish farming will provide food security, enable sustainable fishing and create employment and income for the community. The project will initially construct, stock and manage 2 fish ponds. In addition to covering employment and operating costs, the annual profits from the ponds are anticipated to be sufficient to fund a community housing construction scheme.
The project has been investigated in detail by Mooroopna Rotarians. International Service Director, Leakey Aboura comes from Kenya and has firsthand knowledge of the community and working relationships to facilitate implementation of the project. A comprehensive feasibility report has been prepared. The club has committed $20,000 to the initial pond and they are keen to mobilise other clubs to partner with them in this exciting project.
The Rotary Club of Mooroopna would be pleased to provide further information or make a presentation to interested clubs. Contact: President Ken Faulkner firstname.lastname@example.org or Leakey Abuora email@example.com 0428 744 920
|This page is maintained by webmasterc|
|Search only this site|
|Top of Page|
|This site is sponsored by MyMail Networks|
The Rotary name and logo are the exclusive property of Rotary International
Material on this site is Copyright
|Many images are used for illustration purposes only and do not represent the subject matter|
|Last modified: 3 Nov 2011 16:46|
|1. Use of the information and data contained within this Site or these pages is at your sole risk.
2. If you rely on the information on this Site you are responsible for ensuring by independent verification its accuracy, currency or completeness.
3. This Site includes links to other websites operated by Community, Business and Government.
4. These linked websites will have their own terms and conditions of use and you should familiarise yourself with these.
5. All linked websites are linked "as is".
6. Rotary International District 9790:
does not sponsor, endorse or necessarily approve of any material on websites linked from or to this Site;
does not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on websites linked from or to this Site;
does not make any warranties or representations that material on other websites to which this site is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world; and
does not authorise the infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material in other websites by linking this Site to those other websites.
7. If you use automatic language translation services in connection with this Site you do so at your own risk.
8. The information and data on this Site is subject to change without notice.
9. District 9790 may revise this Disclaimer at any time by updating this posting.
10. Some of the public photographs displayed on this web site only serve to depict the potential capabilities of the District 9790 , and are not intended to imply that they reflect anything done by members of the District 9790 .
11. District 9790 , its agents, instrumentalities, officers and employees:
make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this Site;
make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy or usefulness of any translation of the information on this Site or any linked website into another language;
make no representations as to the availability of the Site and the availability of websites linked from or to the Site;
accept no liability however arising for any loss resulting from the use of the Site and any information and data or reliance placed on it (including translated information and data);
make no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the said information and data for any particular purpose;
accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user's computer, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this Site or its use or any website linked to this Site.