|Calendar||Clubs||Committees||Conference||Contact Us||District Directory||Forms for Members||Main Index||Member Index||Programs||Search here||"What's New?"||What and Where|
|Financial Donations to RAWCS|
Financial donations to RAWCS are generally in three categories, namely:
1. Donations to fund administration costs which are (currently) primarily received from Rotary clubs for the sale the RAWCS badge stickers to members, and
2. Donations by clubs or individuals towards RAWCS projects for purposes including disaster appeals and purchase of materials for projects overseas. “Rotary Australia Overseas Aid Fund” (ABN 21 388 376 554).
Donations to fund administration should be sent direct to:
Please include the address of your Club so that Garry can send you a receipt.
Donations for Project Materials
Donations for project materials and travel can either be sent direct to the RAWCS Treasurer, Gary Gunnell or, preferably, paid direct to the RAWCS Account with the Westpac Bank.
1. the purpose to which the donation is to be put and
2. the club address to which the receipt should be sent.
Garry will issue a receipt direct to the donating Club.
When the cheque has been paid to the account, please send an email to the RAWCS National Secretary, Gary Gunnell Email to Gary Gunnell advising him of:
1. the donation amount,
2. the purpose to which the donation is to be put and
3. the club address to which the receipt should be sent.
Gary will issue a receipt direct to the donating club.
INDIVIDUAL DONATIONS TO RAWCS
Any individual may make a TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation to RAWCS "Rotary Australia Overseas Aid Fund".
Mark clearly on the back of the cheque the name of the donor, address, club, district and name of project (if required).
Garry will reply with an official receipt.
|Tax Deductibility for Volunteers Travelling Overseas - ATO Ruling|
In November 2012, the Australian Government established the new Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC) to ensure that entities that are endorsed as a tax concession charity and as deductible gift recipients comply with their classification as a charity and that they comply with the tax law and accounting standards.
The Board of RAWCS has also been requested to issue written guidelines to volunteers on the deductibility of donations to the Overseas Aid Fund where the OAF has entered into an arrangement to incur expenses for the benefit of the donor.
The Board of RAWCS has reviewed the tax deductibility of donations to the Overseas Aid Fund from volunteers claiming equivalent amounts for airfares and other expenses from the OAF to undertake projects overseas.
The Board now believe that these donations do not qualify for tax deductibility under the current taxation laws and therefore the Board has directed that RAWCS cease issuing tax deductible receipts for donations from 1st July 2012 where the donor seeks to derive any form of benefit from the donation.
Basicly, volunteers cannot claim tax deductibility for any travel expenses to and from a project overseas.
The Board will continue to make representation with government in an effort to allow volunteers to receive tax deductibility for expenses they incur.
|Donations can be made online. Click here|
|Business Plan for 2013-14|
| • Donations to the Overseas Aid Fund (OAF) are likely to reach $30m by 2014 based on increasing support from Private Ancillary Funds (PAFs).
• Large donations by Private Ancillary Funds will expect regular reporting and full accountability at the end of the project.
• Private Ancillary Funds and large corporations will be seeking to be recognised as good corporate citizens and will need appropriate publicity for their support of RAWCS projects.
• The implementation of The Rotary Foundation's Grants Plan is likely to see an increased number of projects channelled through RAWCS and this will require full accountability to the District and the Foundation.
• RAWCS National will become self funding and not rely on contributions from Regions.
David Meller PP PHF
Rotary Club of Strathmore
Southern Region Co-ordinator Rotary International of DIK
Ph: (03) 9379 3577
Mob: 0409 165 553
|This page is maintained by David Meller|
|Search only this site|
|Top of Page|
|This site is sponsored by MyMail Networks|
The Rotary name and logo are the exclusive property of Rotary International
Material on this site is Copyright
|Many images are used for illustration purposes only and do not represent the subject matter|
|Last modified: 10 May 2013 19:16|
|1. Use of the information and data contained within this Site or these pages is at your sole risk.
2. If you rely on the information on this Site you are responsible for ensuring by independent verification its accuracy, currency or completeness.
3. This Site includes links to other websites operated by Community, Business and Government.
4. These linked websites will have their own terms and conditions of use and you should familiarise yourself with these.
5. All linked websites are linked "as is".
6. Rotary International District 9790:
does not sponsor, endorse or necessarily approve of any material on websites linked from or to this Site;
does not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on websites linked from or to this Site;
does not make any warranties or representations that material on other websites to which this site is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world; and
does not authorise the infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material in other websites by linking this Site to those other websites.
7. If you use automatic language translation services in connection with this Site you do so at your own risk.
8. The information and data on this Site is subject to change without notice.
9. District 9790 may revise this Disclaimer at any time by updating this posting.
10. Some of the public photographs displayed on this web site only serve to depict the potential capabilities of the District 9790 , and are not intended to imply that they reflect anything done by members of the District 9790 .
11. District 9790 , its agents, instrumentalities, officers and employees:
make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this Site;
make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy or usefulness of any translation of the information on this Site or any linked website into another language;
make no representations as to the availability of the Site and the availability of websites linked from or to the Site;
accept no liability however arising for any loss resulting from the use of the Site and any information and data or reliance placed on it (including translated information and data);
make no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the said information and data for any particular purpose;
accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user's computer, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this Site or its use or any website linked to this Site.