|Calendar||Clubs||Committees||Conference||Contact Us||District Directory||Forms for Members||Main Index||Member Index||Programs||Search here||"What's New?"||What and Where|
|A Program of Rotary Australia World Community Service - RAWCS|
|Books to Developing Countries|
Rotarians have access to items which have no further use in Australia but can serve a need in the developing world.
D I K will coordinate the dispatch and delivery of these items.
Rotary has been donated the use of some storage facilities to store, sort and pack donated books that are to be subsequently shipped to deserving and charitable organisations within developing countries.
A simple starting project would be to approach all the schools in your Club area and seek their culled books from their libraries each year. These educational books are invaluable in developing countries where English is the second language.
I would ask you to consider making some allowance for funding of DIK projects in your Club's budget.
A word of caution – Make sure the books are suitable for students where English is the second language.
Books should be packed into easily handled boxes. Wine boxes or A4 boxes are ideal.
David Meller PP PHF
Ph: (03) 9379 3577
Mob: 0409 165553
Art craft - Primary
|This page is maintained by David Meller|
|Search only this site|
|Top of Page|
|This site is sponsored by MyMail Networks|
The Rotary name and logo are the exclusive property of Rotary International
Material on this site is Copyright
|Many images are used for illustration purposes only and do not represent the subject matter|
|Last modified: 13 Jun 2012 11:18|
|1. Use of the information and data contained within this Site or these pages is at your sole risk.
2. If you rely on the information on this Site you are responsible for ensuring by independent verification its accuracy, currency or completeness.
3. This Site includes links to other websites operated by Community, Business and Government.
4. These linked websites will have their own terms and conditions of use and you should familiarise yourself with these.
5. All linked websites are linked "as is".
6. Rotary International District 9790:
does not sponsor, endorse or necessarily approve of any material on websites linked from or to this Site;
does not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on websites linked from or to this Site;
does not make any warranties or representations that material on other websites to which this site is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world; and
does not authorise the infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material in other websites by linking this Site to those other websites.
7. If you use automatic language translation services in connection with this Site you do so at your own risk.
8. The information and data on this Site is subject to change without notice.
9. District 9790 may revise this Disclaimer at any time by updating this posting.
10. Some of the public photographs displayed on this web site only serve to depict the potential capabilities of the District 9790 , and are not intended to imply that they reflect anything done by members of the District 9790 .
11. District 9790 , its agents, instrumentalities, officers and employees:
make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this Site;
make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy or usefulness of any translation of the information on this Site or any linked website into another language;
make no representations as to the availability of the Site and the availability of websites linked from or to the Site;
accept no liability however arising for any loss resulting from the use of the Site and any information and data or reliance placed on it (including translated information and data);
make no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the said information and data for any particular purpose;
accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user's computer, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this Site or its use or any website linked to this Site.